Research services and Discovery pipelines
The Access Providers in EMBRIC offer access to research platforms, facilities and technologies for marine biotech (defined as “Research services”).
These Research services are organized in ten categories:
- Culture collections and biobanks (viruses, cyanobacteria, bacteria, microalgae, seaweeds, zooplankton, fishes, etc.)
- Sampling facilities (research vessel for coastal sampling, SCUBA diving, remote operated vehicles, etc.)
- Isolation and preservation of marine organisms (strain isolation and purification, optimization of cultivation, fermentation and preservation conditions, revitalisation of cryopreserved and lyophilised material, etc.)
- Cultivation and rearing facilities (aquaria, incubators, climate rooms, photo-bioreactors, tank facilities, etc.)
- Microscopy and bio-imaging (fluorescence microscopy, TEM and SEM imaging, confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, bio-imaging, etc.)
- Taxonomic & molecular identification (morphological identification, phylogenetic analysis, barcoding, mass spectrometry for identification MALDI-TOF, etc.)
- Molecular biology and -omics (genotyping, sequence analysis, qPCR, Next-generation sequencing, bioinformatics analysis, etc.)
- Biochemical analysis (Protein structure, protein interaction, recombinant protein expression, etc.)
- Bioassays (phenotypic assays, protein assays, (anti-)microbial assays, quality control of raw materials and products, verification of microorganisms associated with novel products, etc.)
- Structural and chemical analysis (HPLC, mass spectrometry, pre-metabolomic screening, metabolomics profiling, structural elucidation, etc.)
EMBRIC offers also connected sets of Research services that enable the user to develop a marine bio-resource towards a marketable product by exploiting the expertise and facilities of the Access Providers. Such connected sets of Research services are referred to as Discovery pipelines.
These Discovery pipelines can be reconfigured and fine-tuned to the user needs.
Four different Discovery pipelines are available for access in the 2nd Call of the Transnational Access program:
For more information about Discovery pipelines, please click on the links above.
Discovery pipelines are a connected set of Research services that enable the user to develop a marine bio-resource towards a marketable product by exploiting the expertise and facilities of the Research Infrastructures participating in EMBRIC.