The European Marine Biological Research Infrastructure Cluster (EMBRIC) is designed to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation from marine Bio-Resources. EMBRIC aims to promote new applications derived from marine organisms in fields such as drug discovery, novel foods and food ingredients, aquaculture selective breeding, bioremediation, cosmetics and bioenergy.
- By conducting a comprehensive survey of available resources and techniques, EMBRIC will develop new pipelines and new industry standards.
- By interconnecting science, industry and policy, EMBRIC will defragment regional research, development and innovation policies.
- By implementing joint academia-industry development activities, EMBRIC will allow industry to directly integrate results and protocols in commercial processes.
- By developing best practices and integrated training programs, EMBRIC will accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation.
- By connecting 6 existing European Research Infrastructures and 29 partners from Academia, Research institutes, non-for-profit organizations and industry, EMBRIC will facilitate technology transfer, knowledge transfer and transnational access.
In general, EMBRIC will provide a long-term integrated cluster approach to promote the Blue Bio-Economy.
EMBRIC had the pleasure to welcome two more partners from Spain since January 2018, the Universidad del Pais Vasco and the Universida de Vigo, bringing to 29 the total number of partners. They are both involved in EMBRC and will be accessible as Access Providers in the EMBRIC Transnational Access program.